1 February 2014

January favourites

So it's been a while and I'm really sorry but I've been so busy with Uni lately that I just haven't had the time to write any posts. Excuses aside, here are my favourite products of January.


1). My first favourite product is La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ (Buy here)
This stuff is incredible, the original formula has been improved and now contains Procerad, which is meant to reduce the red marks left after blemishes. I bought this just a few weeks ago and already I have seen an amazing improvement in the appearance of my skin, if you like the original, I highly recommend you try this.

2). Origins Clear Improvement charcoal mask (Buy here)
I have been looking for a good quality clay mask for the longest time, and this one is definitely my new favourite, it draws out impurities in the skin, leaving it feeling clear and fresh. The only slight downside is that as it contains charcoal it can be a bit messy to remove, but if you use a damp cloth to take most of it off, its not that bad at all.

3). Moving on to makeup, my favourite foundation has to be Illamasqua Skin Base. (Buy here)
I have wasted so much money on foundation in the past, thinking Iv'e just found the perfect shade just to get it home and realise it is far, far too dark for me. Thankfully, when I bought this foundation, I was not disappointed. It is the perfect colour for my skin (I have shade 02) and I find the texture and the way this foundation applies to be lovely too, it has a good, buildable coverage, but never looks heavy, it doesn't oxidise, which is a huge plus for me. I don't think I'll ever need to struggle with foundation now that I have this.

4). Soap and Glory Lid Stuff palette in the shade What's Nude (Buy here)
This palette is lovely, what I like most about it is that there are three matte shades, which is something that you don't see as much on the highstreet. All the shades are pigmented, creamy and easy to blend. These shades are obviously better suited to the day time, but there is also a smokey palette, which comprises of blacks and greys, and a colourful palette.

5). Sleek Oh So Special palette (Buy here)
I've had this palette for the longest time, but haven't really used it much until this month, and I'm so happy to have rediscovered it! All the shades are very creamy, blendable and highly pigmented. One thing I struggle to find at the drugstore is a well pigmented black, but the black in this palette definitely rivals my more expensive black eyeshadows.

 And it's not just the black, I'll do swatches of the rest in a separate blog post, but they are all amazing pigmented, for £7.99, you can't do wrong!

6). Revlon just bitten kissable balm stains (Buy here)
I have the shades Crush, which is a berry colour and Honey, which is an everyday colour and I love them both, they have a slight minty scent and feel lovely on the lips, unlike many other similar products, these do actually leave a stain and I find that they are very long wearing. They are my favourite lip stain in a crayon type lip products!

No comments:

Post a Comment